True North is an unchanging and true point on a gyro-compass. It is constant, singular and not affected by factors like magnetic forces or location. At Bain, there is no time or place for jargon-ridden reports, hidden agendas or politics. Everything we do is guided by our True North—our unswerving commitment always to do the right thing by our clients, our people, and our communities.
We ground ourselves in their specific situation and align our actions and incentives with theirs. This ensures our shared ambitions deliver true results.
True North defines the internal values and culture that makes Bain special:
- Passion for results, completely aligning with our clients for their success
- Commitment to highest quality, professionalism and ethical standards in everything we do
- Deep intellectual honesty to tell it like it is, in direct and straightforward language
- Openness to the 1% possibility that current beliefs could be wrong
- Practical, "at cause" approaches that focuses on getting the job done and turning decisions to action
- "One team" attitude, extending trust, respect, and support in all our interactions, to direct our collective energy at winning externally
- And the perspective to do an excellent job, but not take ourselves too seriously while doing it